Monday, June 21, 2010

Five Faces in Five Days- Day 1


Here's my first face of the week, and it's a familiar one!
I used as my inspiration a picture of my five year old self, with bangs cut short in the 50's style.
 I was the shyest little thing, but I gave myself a bit more assertive look
in this interpretation. I can tell it was my kindergarten school picture because I'm not wearing the plaid  Catholic school uniform I wore in every other school picture for the next twelve years!

This is a fabric applique with both machine and hand stitching, with some touches of acrylic paint.
Oh, and I gave it a prettier background than in the photo!

Hopefully tomorrow's face will be posted earlier in the day!

5 comments:

Karen L R said...

Judy, you are a magician! This is absolutely fabulous!

I hope you'll consider submitting these to Quilting Arts magazine. Seriously.

Joyce said...

Amazing and wonderful! Plus you were such a cutie!

Libby Fife said...

Sweet girl! I love how your stitching is so natural. Really super effect. How large is that piece?

Judy Hartman said...

Thanks so much, Ladies!
The piece is small - about 6 x 8".

Lyn said...

These faces are so gorgeous! I think you should do a story with them?
Love
Lyn
xxx