Monday, August 27, 2012

New Work and a Learning Curve


I'm finally finishing up this piece, which I'm calling Nora's New Kitten.

It started out as a quick fabric sketch...


but I wanted to take it further, although I did like the original piece. I wanted to teach myself some new things about outline stitching, composition, and bringing a picture to completion. In fact, I have one more thing to do to this, and that is to finish off the edges and mount it on canvas. I have a couple of shows coming up, and I'm looking for a clean, consistent way to present work. I'll show the completely finished piece when it's done.

I do apologize for being so absent from my blog, but I've tried to keep up with friends' blogs and to see what everyone else is up to! It's hard to believe that this is the last week of August. Where does the time go?

I hope that you are enjoying these last days of summer and that you're having a creative day!!


8 comments:

Simone said...

Judy you have really bought the piece to life with the line stitching. I loved it before but I love it more now! I just want to pick up and hug that little kitten! x

Lyn said...

love this Judy, no creating here but glad your being busy.
xxx

Karen L R said...

LOVE this.

Are you using free motion, or an open embroidery foot or some other clever method?

Anne Butera said...

Beautiful, Judy! Love the details in the background, the other kitty and the geranium on the windowsill. Can't wait to see more of what you've been working on!

sharon said...

Surely wish I could see your work in person. Lucky people who get to go to the shows where you are exhibiting. Lovely, lovely. You're taking your talents in the right direction, I'd say.

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy!!
I really like you work!!! It's beautiful!
Good luck with your shows!!
Laura

Jennifer Richardson said...

It is a different process,
finishing, isn't it.
I love your follow-through.
beautiful journey, yours:)
-jennifer

Unknown said...

Love it...you are so talented.