Sunday, August 31, 2014

Goodbye to August

It has been a very good month in many ways. The weather has been cooler than usual this year. This has made some of my beach-loving friends yearn for hot, sultry days, but I'm always craving a cool breeze. There have been many good porch days, get-togethers with friends and our trip to Tanglewood and the Clark Institute. Another fun trip was an adventure to an international quilt show in New Hampshire with several friends, where we enjoyed both the quilts as well as the vendors!

Here are some of my favorite quilts -


Amelia Leigh, United Kingdom - "Elizabethan I"


Christine Seager, United Kingdom - "Mustard Rings"




Shin-hee Chin, McPherson, Kansas - "Eyes Wide Open:
Seeing Light in Mundane"


Margaret J Fabrizio, San Francisco, CA - "Very Red"


Jeanette Thompson, Chicago, IL - "Peace is Not a Moment,
It Is a Long Process"



Susan Shie, Wooster, Ohio - "Flowers of the Arab Spring"

I'm working on a few projects which I hope to share soon. Meanwhile,

Hope you're enjoying a great weekend!
See you in September!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy!!
Thank you for sharing all this art with us! You're so inspiring!

sharon said...

Happy September!
So glad you were able to attend this amazing show, Judy. I think we recharge our own batteries when we connect to the work of others. Aren't their colors amazing??
I'll be traveling with a carload of my quilt guild friends to Madison for the quilt expo this Thursday. I'm so looking forward to it!
Can't wait to see what you've been up to. And I hope to blog soon and share how the month of August flew past.