I love to find or make a special little gift for someone I care about. Sometimes it's just a card with one of my fabric landscapes on the front. I have a couple of friends who collect my cards and that warms my heart. My sister-in-law is a very lovely person who recently got a new job which she loves. She is also an amazing cook and baker, so when I saw some baking themed fabric at a thrift store, I knew that I would cut out this little motif and make it into a "badge" for her! I think she'll get a kick out of it! And the card (not handmade) is just right for her happy personality!
I have a wonderful friend, Elaine, who will soon be turning 94 and who lives in an assisted living residence. We frequently exchange letters - handwritten, which is rare these days - and I recently sent her a Marjolein Bastin card which she raved about. Elaine loves nature and I had found the card in a thrift shop, so I went in search for a book by this artist for her birthday. Luckily I found this one on EBay in great condition! Elaine also loves and has made many miniatures, and this pop-up card with tiny animals and houses seemed like just the right thing for her!
Finally, this little book I made for my grandniece Madi was a big hit! She and her parents are always very appreciative, so I'm working on a new project for this little cutie. Stay tuned!
Making or finding things for others is so much fun, especially if it's just right for them, don't you think?



4 comments:
This post made my day. I am full of grace for knowing a lovely lady like you. Only technology would have made our knowing each other possible. So despite all the evils it creates, bravo for living in a techy world.
Yes....I totally agree. It's so much fun when you have just the write gift...card...or book for someone. And even better when you make it. Well done Judy!
Thank you, Sharon - the feeling is so mutual! Our blogs were a gift and I'm so glad we've continued our connection through all these years! ❤️
Thanks so much, MaryAnn. It's a good feeling and you're certainly very good at it yourself. You've made so many people happy with their personalized joy journals!
Post a Comment