Friday, November 9, 2012

AEDM Day 9 - At Rest!

Yesterday I worked nonstop on finishing up my parents' portrait and other pictures for my exhibit.



It was such a gloomy day and my camera setting was not right, so these are the best photos I got!
The fabric picture did come out well, though, and I was pleased with it.
It was a very tender experience, creating this tribute to my mom and dad, who died 5 1/2 years ago.


I also freshened up this picture I did a while ago of 5-year-old me!


And, to complete my collection of family portraits, I did a bit more work on daughter Kate!

My plan is to make a 4th picture of my husband when he was a boy and then I'll have a nice grouping!

Tonight is a reception for me and local children's book author Jeanne Freeman, who will be signing copies of her book, Katie's Pond. The exhibit and reception are at Silver Clay Gifts, 39 Albion Street in Wakefield, MA. I'll take better pictures and post them, but for today, I'm planning rest!
My thanks to Marcia Boston for hosting this exhibit and reception!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!! 


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pieces! Enjoy the reception!!
Stay inspired!

Libby Fife said...

I sure wish I could be there! Very charming portraits; really lovely. And your parents' picture in particular has a wonderfully nostalgic feel to it:)

Simone said...

Great work Judy! You were such a cute 5 year old! (You're still cute now!) Have a lovely evening tonight and enjoy yourself! x

Lyn said...

What beautiful portraits, you have such talent xxx

Serena Lewis said...

What lovely and special portraits these are, Judy. I really like how you did the gather/folds in your Mother's skirt. I agree with Simone...what a cute five year old you were. Lovely composition of your daughter's portrait.

Enjoy the reception! :)

Carol A. Babineau said...

What a lovely series Judy! If I could do people, I would follow in your footsteps :) I'll just stick with growing things and birds for now.
Congrats on the Reception hope all goes well.

sharon said...

They say writers write best what they know best. I think perhaps this applies to artists as well. Your pieces are a joy to behold. By the time you read this your reception will be a memory and you'll have time to catch your breath. But you're only a third of the way through AEDM so I expect to see you back here soon!
You really are good at this, you know.