Monday, November 5, 2012

AEDM Days 4 and 5

Yesterday, I spent much of the day converting the drawing of my parents into pieces of colored, fused fabric that could be put back together like pieces of a puzzle.



I fused them on to very lightweight interfacing. My next step is to cut out the entire figures and fuse them on to a background fabric. Then I'll make adjustments (my dad's feet are too small!) sew everything down, add details (like faces!) and do background stitching. I'm hoping to have most of this done by the end of the day. Meanwhile, I'm simultaneously working on mounting some pictures I had done previously so that everything is fairly uniform - stretched over stretcher strips.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Hello to my fellow AEDM participants!

See you tomorrow!

9 comments:

Rebag said...

I just love how you do this...what a great project!! Can't wait to see them finished

Anonymous said...

I look forward to watching this one progress. I love old photos like this, and to be able to render it in fabric is amazing!

Hilary said...

Wow!! Just WOW!! really, really cool ...

Maron said...

very nice!

Lorinda.C.F said...

Oh Judy, they already look wonderful! What a treasure this will be for your family!! xx

Tracey FK said...

hurry up and post the next step... I want to see how it works out!!!!

Unknown said...

Hello Judy. Just want to let you know I have just nominated you a blog award. Read here and play if you are interested. :)
http://haveamerryday.blogspot.com/2012/11/know-more-about-me-and-other-bloggers.html

ps. I thought I left a comment in previous post, not sure if it shows. Just want to say I love your blog header very much :)

Simone said...

This is great Judy! I can't wait to see them with faces! x

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Wow indeed! What a wonderful project!