Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Applique Collage


Here is an abstract applique collage I just finished. I used commercial fabrics and some textured threads. Each element is sewn down with a zig zag stitch and I added some metallic elements I found in my "collage" box. I'm working on a few abstracts and hope to finish at least one more before next week.

That brings me to some exciting news! 
Next week I'm going to the International Quilt Festival in Houston with a group of friends!!
I'm so excited - it should be wonderful! I'm looking for inspiration and new techniques, and fabrics and embellishments at the huge vendors mall!
What a fun trip to look forward to and I'll have plenty to blog about when I get back!!!

5 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

This is fabulous Judy!

Unknown said...

Judy this is gorgeous, what a fabulous combination of color and shape. Nicely done!

kari and kijsa said...

This is amazing!! What beautiful color!

Have a blessed day,
kari & kijsa

summer girl said...

Judy...this is great..I just love the colors in this piece...and quite a change of style for you! Stepping out of your box, are you?!?! 60 does wonderful things for the soul!!
Love, j

tea time and roses said...

Hello Judy!

Oh my friend another pretty piece! A quilt festival, how exciting! I wish I could join you girls, and I just know you are going to have a wonder filled time! :o) I have not forgotten about that little something I am to send you so watch your mail! You have a lovely weekend!

Smiles...

Beverly