Monday, November 1, 2010

Art Every Day Month - Day 1

Happy November!

Today begins AEDM, or Art Every Day Month! I participated in this challenge last year, met many other creative folks through their blogs, and really enjoyed the whole process. Leah Piken Kolidas, who organizes this challenge, makes it very clear that there is really no pressure to produce something every single day, and I have to remind myself of that. But I feel that I need a creative push right now, and I'm in it to have fun and be creative.
I've set some goals for myself this year: use more color, loosen up, and celebrate pattern and print! Because of time constraints, I'll be doing mostly fused fabric or cut paper pictures or collages.


This fused fabric applique comes from a memory of my childhood. I was about 12 years old, wearing my new cordovan penny loafers and purple knee socks, and walking along a sidewalk in the fall. I can see it in my mind as clear as a bell and it is an image I've carried with me for many years!
I may add some stitching, and this piece will go in a new fabric art journal of memories I'm starting for myself. A lot of my memories reside in my imagination like snapshots, so it should be interesting!

13 comments:

Nur said...

very beautiful!

Carrie P. said...

happy November to you too. Great work of your childhood memory.

Joyce said...

I love the unusual perspective and the leaves are great. It really gives an impression of fall.

Anonymous said...

That is really cool!!! I love the leaves and the perspective of looking down...thanks you so much for the kind words on my post also...I've never really done one of these before, it is great to see such talented people...

Heather Brush said...

This is so sweet! I love it!

geni said...

Love the perspective and the colors!

Leah said...

This is gorgeous, Judy!!

Julie said...

So Pretty!

Unknown said...

I like your piece very much. Great colours. Good Luck with AEDM :)

~michelle pendergrass said...

What a happy piece of art!! I love it!

Louise said...

Hi Judy
Thanks for your kind and encouraging comments from your visit to my blog. I'm really excited about AEDM now and so glad I joined! Love your picture too - it really gives the illusion that we are looking downwards which is so clever.

Sandy Coleman said...

Hi Judy,

Thanks for stopping by and letting me discover your wonderful blog. I love, love this piece. So imaginative, and the perspective you have mastered is amazing. Happy Creating!

tea time and roses said...

Hello Judy,

Your challenge sounds like lots of fun. I know I have said it time and time again, but you are an amazing artist! The colors you chose for this piece are just lovely. What a sweet memory of childhood. I will certainly be popping in to see more of your work during your challenge:o)

Enjoy a lovely and creative week.

Smiles♥

Beverly