Sunday, September 28, 2014

Felting, and a Fall

Recently I did some wet felting, making pieces of felt to add to my landscapes.
First I pulled apart short lengths of roving and arranged
them in criss-cross layers - like making lasagna!


I added some streaks of other colors,


 soapy water and a piece of netting, 


then mashed and kneaded and rolled the roving, rinsed it in water,
let it dry and came out with a nice thick piece of felt. To this I can add more color
with needle felting and tear it apart as accents for a couple of landscapes. I just love 
the irregular edges, which I'll put to good use!


My other piece of news is that I fell this past week, tripping as I walked along
on a cement sidewalk, landing with a resounding thud of head against cement.
This is a "nice" selfie taken after a 4 hour stay in a hospital emergency room, with 
CT scans and an Xray of my wrist. No broken bones, thank goodness.


The following days brought 2 black eyes and much bruising as things developed. I won't share those pictures with you. I feel fortunate to have come out of this with not-too-serious injuries. I'm keeping a low profile and working on my artwork for the show I'll be part of, which is now a month away. I hope to share some finished work with you soon.

Have a great week!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh, I am glad there were no broken bones but a fall can sure throw your life out of balance. I hope your knees and shoulders survived the fall.
Take best of care and rest, rest, rest, Gayle :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful felting. Oh, your poor head! I hope you didn't get a concussion. So glad you're okay though banged up to say the least. Sending healing (((hugs))).
Stay inspired!

Libby Fife said...

I am so glad you are OK! It's so scary isn't it? Things can change in just a second. Be careful and get a good pair of shoes that allow you to feel the pavement and ground. You will be just fine!

And your felting is wonderful as always. I know it will go to good use:)

Karen L R said...

Rest, hydrate and breathe, Judy. (Trust me, I know what I'm talking about!)

Feel better soon, dear friend.

xoxoxoox

sharon said...

Your guardian angel was flying close that day! Gosh, Judy. I hope you're truly on the mend. Hugs from afar. Sending healing energy your way and love.

Nan and =^..^= said...

Oh Judy,
That is so frightening and I am thankful you weren't seriously hurt.
That is bad enough but will heal.
Take it easy. Thinking of you and hoping all of the injuries and bruises heal quickly. It's also a reminder and wake up call to me as to how easy it is to fall.
I hope that doing your beautiful art work takes your mind off of it.
xo

Anne Butera said...

Oh, Judy! Sending good healing thoughts and virtual hugs. I hope you are resting and taking good care of yourself. Mend quickly!

Simone said...

Oh Judy! I am so sorry to hear that you fell over and hurt yourself. I bet you 'felt' that! (Sorry!) Wishing you a speedy recovery. x

fromyourmindseye.com said...

Judy, I am so sorry you fell. That is so frightening. I always worry about falling in my hoe because of the many stairs I have. But falling outside is even worse. Please take care and heal fast. Much love, Julie

Carol A. Babineau said...

OMG Judy! I just saw this and hope you are fairing better today.