Saturday, November 22, 2014

New Work

Is anyone finding, as I am, that November is slipping by very quickly? Where do the days go? I'm doing some new work, but here are a few more photos of the pieces I completed recently for an artisan show.

My photos are not great - sorry! This picture is mounted on white linen and 
is made with fabric, hand embroidery, beading, trims and machine stitching.


This little tree sold quickly. I used similar materials on it, 
with the addition of painted green lace in the foreground.


This piece has a lot of machine stitching and hand painted fabric for the sky.
It was framed with a black frame and also sold.


I love purple and this is my favorite piece from this group.
Terrible photo! I must make a little photo booth - I've seen some on Pinterset!


I'm working out a simpler method of mounting pictures and I'll share it with
you soon. Meanwhile, here's a photo of me at that last show. You can see here that 
the linen borders were very crisp, and outlined with black chenille yarn.


Hope you're enjoying your weekend and not too stressed out preparing for
Thanksgiving next week. We are keeping ours simple this year!

A friend of mine passed away this year - very suddenly - 
and I always loved the way he ended his Facebook posts. In memory of 
Joe Donovan, a very sweet guy, I'm going to end my blog posts the same way.

Have a good week.

Smiles...
     Judy

5 comments:

Libby Fife said...

I sure can see why those pieces sold quickly. They are lovely and such a clean and crisp presentation too.

I am sorry about your friend, Judy. He sure had a nice "sign off" though:)

Hope your weekend is going well.

Simone said...

You have a beautiful smile Judy! Your work is going from strength to strength and I am not surprised that people want to buy it. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in the UK but I may make an exception this year- just because.X

sharon said...

Judy,
Your work is pure joy. Whenever I get to be at Anne's I sneak into her bedroom and take another look at the Cleveland house portrait you did for her last year. And then I smile all over myself.

Anne Butera said...

Judy, your trees make me so happy! :) And that photo of you with your art. You look so joyful.

Smiles, indeed!

Karen L R said...

The art, the sales, the smiles...fabulous, Judy!