Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Hello Again!

I feel like I've been largely absent from the blogging world lately, which is a shame. I've made such good friends here and I don't want to lose all of you! Recently I've been preparing for an exhibit which took place last weekend. When I'm engrossed in creating new work I tend to isolate myself and become super-focused, to the point where laundry and grocery shopping, blogging and emailing take second place in my mind. I really need to find a balance!


I decided to try something different for this show, which was put on by our Arts Collaborative. I made some small pieces that stand alone on their own little easels. There is a lot of detail in each of these, and I like the way they provide a little pop of color on a shelf or ledge and brighten up a dark corner.


You can see how small they are in this photo of my exhibit space. I really do love small things!


Here is one picture which sold, with french knot foliage and fused fabric details. The vase of flowers above is tiny, and I'm glad it didn't sell, because it makes me smile when I see it on a ledge in my kitchen.  I'll share more close-ups of other pieces in future posts.

Now that the show is over, I'm back to getting ready for Christmas and the Holidays, which are coming up soon. I'll be coming over to check out your blogs. Hope everyone is doing well!! Take care...

Smiles...
     Judy

5 comments:

sharon said...

Lovely work, Judy. I hope you were happy with the process as well as the results. I know from experience that your pieces need to be looked at in hand to be fully appreciated. Your detailing is divine.
Welcome back to us. I'll be checking on you often in the days ahead.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Beautiful work Judy. I understand how one has to isolate themselves. Your work shows it :)

Libby Fife said...

Your work always looks so lovely when it is grouped together like that in a show. Lots of little gems:)

Simone said...

Your work is delightful Judy. x

Anne Butera said...

Those mini pieces are so lovely! I adore small things as well (though always big dogs!).

Being focused is good. Balance can sway back and forth and you can always catch up on those other things later!