Sunday, October 16, 2016

After the Fair

The artisan fair was wonderful! It was held in the press room of our town's local paper, which provided an interesting backdrop to the pottery, jewelry, woodcrafts and other handmade items for sale. I was situated right beside the table of the Popover Lady, who usually sells her baked goods at our farmers' market. Lovely aroma, and of course I bought a few. I did well with sales, met many interesting people,  spent much of the day explaining how I create my work and enjoyed the reactions of passersby who thought they were looking at paintings, only to find they were fabric art! I'm happy that I made cards as they sold well. All in all, a great day!


I'm happy to have it behind me, but there is another show coming up at the beginning of December, so I'll be finishing up a few pieces to replace the ones I sold. 

Thanks for reading
and here's to a wonderful week!

5 comments:

sharon said...

You look so lovely and approachable behind your table. Congratulations on your work and your sales.
Please take some time when you can and show us just how you put your cards together...
Hope you can rest a bit and enjoy this magical season we call autumn. Regards.

Karen L R said...

I love everything about this post, Judy...especially your gentle smile. Congratulations on your success, and may you have more as we move into the holiday season! xo

Simone said...

Your art is beautifully displayed Judy and who could resist talking to the happy face behind the table? I am so pleased that you did well. Good luck for the next fair. Mine's on 19 November. Yikes!!! x

Shell said...

I'm glad you sold a lot of your art. It is truly beautiful!

sharon said...

Karen's recent photo posted on instagram would be an ideal scene for your fabric and stitches art. If you don't see instagram, ask Karen to send the amazing photo to you.
Hope this comment looks like it came from the "real" sender. ha