Sunday, February 3, 2008

Painted Floor Cloth

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
I was doing well with my January wall hanging until life intervened.  
The good news is that I unexpectedly gained two new tutoring students this past week. I work with children in grades K through 3 and help them with reading and language arts. Unfortunately, I needed to do some parent consultations and preparations which left me with less time for sewing! 
But the wall hanging is close to completion and will be ready to show here sometime soon.
I did finish a craft/painting project which I had started at a floorcloth workshop given by a member of my fiber arts group. Diana shared her studio space and four of us went to town painting, stenciling, layering and printing. Each person created a very different piece and I was definitely in the mood for bright flowers! It still needs to be polyurethaned, but I'm happy with the results and will place it in front of my kitchen sink!
I haven't just painted for years and it was so much fun!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This does put one in the mood for Spring! Very nice, dear Judy!

I have heard the quote many times and never knew it was from John Lennon. It is so true!

Kj

Unknown said...

Just dropping by again to say, "HELLO!"

KJ

tea time and roses said...

Hello Judy!

Thank you so much for your kind comment and encouragement regarding my Sweet Mother... You are a true inspiration to me Judy and I thank you so much. I love your cloth and what beautiful colors you chose for it. Mom is going through a rough time right now, and my taking a few moments to craft is just the pick me up I need at times. Hope you are having a lovely week.

Smiles...

Beverly

tea time and roses said...

Happy Valentine's Day Judy! Have a beautiful day!

Smiles...

Beverly