Monday, November 11, 2013

AEDM Day 11 - ATC Catch Up

Happy Monday!

This morning I worked on a couple of Artist Trading Cards for my friend Janice.
We've been trading for a few years, but I'm always behind in doing one every month.


This is a collage with a magazine photo, cut paper and painting.


This one is also done with cut paper and painting (and marker).

Something that makes me smile these days is the annual blooming of my mother's Christmas cactus.



I miss her a lot, but have plenty of wonderful memories and physical reminders 
of her that keep her here in my heart.


Love you, Mum.

Have a great day, everyone!

9 comments:

Simone said...

Lovely ATC's and so different too! You have your Mum's smiley eyes Judy. x

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Your friend is so blessed to get those ATCs from you! I love the depth. I'm also glad you can smile for the happy times with your Mom.

Happy aedm!

Anonymous said...

Love your ATC's ~ very creative and love the tribute to your Mom ~ she must have been quite a lady ~ thanks for coming by ~ carol, xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are stunning ATCs. I have a friend who I never get her birthday gift to her for at least four months after her birthday. She's the same way with me, so it's good we know each other so well. I hope your friend understands you the same way my friend does me. It takes all the pressure off deadlines.

Heather Foust said...

These ATC's are so cute! I love that idea of putting the magazine pictures in the background. Love Christmas Cactus! I know how hard it is to lose a Mom. It never seems to get better for me. I miss my mom so much. Hang in there.

Karen L R said...

Christmas cactus blooming here in CT, too! Reminds me of my Grammie Lowry. xoxo

sharon said...

ATCs, so much art in such a small space. Nice!
Love the photo of your mom. You resemble her, Judy. Such an approachable, sweet face.
My 3 cactus are just budding. I truly love that stage of their flowering... all the blooms to come.

denthe said...

That's a great idea to cut up the paper so that it looks like a window. Wonderful work. And that Christmas cactus is beautiful.So nice that it was your mother's, that way it's almost as if she's coming to say hello ....

Lorinda.C.F said...

Love your ATCs, the window idea is great! Glad you have such beautiful reminders of your Mom xx