Saturday, November 9, 2013

AEDM Day 9 - Dancing Cats



I've signed up for a quilting collage class beginning this coming Wednesday with Amy Ropple at Create Artisan Studio here in Wakefield, MA. I've been familiar with Amy's wonderful work for years, and I know she uses lots of beads in her work. Our assignment for the first class is to bring a design we would like to transform into a piece of artwork. My first thought was to make a picture of my cats Rosie and Angus dancing like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. Who knows where that came from, but I figured there will be lots of opportunity to glam Rosie up and make a festive background.
Let me add that that was my first  thought! I may change my mind! What do you think?

Hope you're having a wonderful Weekend!!

8 comments:

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Adorable cats! They do remind me of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. :)

Vicki Miller said...

sounds just like my sort of thing, too bad it's on the other side of the world. Love these two characters.

moongirl said...

Dancing cats! So fun!

Jennifer Richardson said...

I love your whimsy.
And your heart:)
-Jennifer

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This sounds like a fabulous class. I'm sure the cats will be the talk of the completed projects, too.

denthe said...

Haha, that's a great idea! Would love to see this dancing couple in a quilting collage with lots of bling ... ;-)

Simone said...

Now why wouldn't you think of your cats dancing as Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers and then putting them into a quilt? I think along the same lines as you Judy! x

Lorinda.C.F said...

How cute are they? Oh, sweet Angus and Rosie....xx